So you want to see a live demo?
First, you MUST register with a valid email to download our client. If this is a problem select the Screenshots menu item instead.
If you are ok with registering and want to see a live demo, read on because it's not as easy as it should be, or will be once we are funded.
Because we built ExM to run online and offline, and at the time HTML5 was not ready, we had to use Google Gears. No doubt because we were planning an imminent demo a few days ago Google took down the hosted Gears installer.
So now there is no way to automatically install Gears and we haven't had the time to back Gears out of our app or build our own installer.
Also, due to lack of resources we have had to focus development and testing only on Firefox 3x on Windows, even though our codebase supports all modern browsers.
So, if you already have Gears installed on Firefox 3x you are good to go. If not...
- Download Firefox Portable for Windows here and install it. It will not interfere with an existing Firefox install, you just can't run them both at the same time.
- Fire it up.
- Go to Tools->Add-ons. Select the Get Add-ons Icon and type Gears into the search box and install it.
- When Gears is done it will ask to Restart, NOT YET. Click on the close box instead, and then close the Add-On window.
- Type about:config in the address bar and press enter, accept the warning.
- Scroll down to dom.max_script_run_time.
- Double click it and type in 100 seconds (the default is 0 seconds), and click on OK.
- Restart Firefox.
- Come back here and Register.
- Activate your account via the email link in the email you will receive from Exprocess.com.
- Log on and at the bottom of your User Menu will be an option to Open ExM.
- The modeler should open in a new tab or window. If not you may have to Allow Popups and try the menu again.
Or, as mentioned above if all this is too much trouble, select Screenshots from the menu.